Sunday, May 3, 2009

A freebie

I just finished reading the book by Rick Lamb entitled “Human to Horseman.” No, I’m not doing a book review here. But being one of those folks who loves to hear if people like something of mine (a lesson, a blog post, a meal…), I often take the time to tell folks if I like something of theirs. So, I found Rick Lamb’s e-mail address and sent him a brief “thank you” note. In the note, I mentioned I’ve never seen him on TV (we don’t have TV) and never listened to his radio show (we don’t get radio), but I have read his books, and have really enjoyed and appreciated them. He wrote me back (don’t you love when folks do that?) and told me that with my satellite internet connection, I could sign up (for free) and have access to all the radio programs (for free). I tried it, and it’s really incredible. What a wealth of information there. The first one I listened to took up a long lunch break (I fast forwarded during the commercials) and was a super interview with Sally Swift. Tell you what, I could get hooked on listening to all of these, and there are a lot, though I’m not sure when I’ll find the time, and when my boys will put up with that chatter in the background. In any case, I’m hooked on learning. There is so much to learn, and this is a great way to do it. Check it out (unless I’m so behind the times that you already know all about this): The Horse Show with Rick Lamb.